Ihawu has embraced technology and presently uses the Practiscore match scoring system, this allows us to post scores directly after an event has finished. we recommend all members to signup for a free Practiscore account so that they can register prior to an event, reducing our pre-shoot admin time considerably.
Target Scoring Policy
- Unless otherwise specified in the written stage briefing, scoring paper targets must be shot with a minimum
of one round each, with the best two hits to score. Scoring metal targets must be shot with a minimum of one
round each and must fall to score.
- If the bullet diameter of a hit on a scoring target touches the scoring line between two scoring areas, or the
line between the non-scoring border and a scoring area, or if it crosses multiple scoring areas, it will be
scored the higher value.
- If a bullet diameter touches the scoring area of overlapping scoring targets and/or no-shoots, it will earn all
applicable scores and penalties.
- Radial tears radiating outwards from the diameter of a bullet hole will not count for score or penalty.
- Enlarged holes in paper targets which exceed the competitor’s bullet diameter will not count for
score or penalty unless there is visible evidence within the remnants of the hole (e.g. a grease
mark, striations or a “crown” etc.), to eliminate a presumption that the hole was caused by a
ricochet or splatter.
- The minimum score for a stage will be zero.
- A competitor who fails to engage the front of each scoring target in a course of fire with at least one round
will incur one procedural penalty per target for failure to engage the target, as well as appropriate penalties
for misses (see Rule 10.2.7).
- Hits visible on a scoring paper target or no-shoot, which are the result of shots fired through the rear of that
or another scoring paper target or no-shoot, and/or hits which fail to create a clearly distinguishable hole
through the front of a scoring paper target or no-shoot, will not count for score or penalty, as the case may be.
- A = Minor Factor – 5 Major Factor – 5
- C = Minor Factor – 3 Major Factor – 4
- D = Minor Factor – 1 Major Factor – 2
- Steel = 5 points only if it falls or is deemed as a hit by the RO
- Procedural penalties are assessed at minus 10 points each.